Shure SM86 Cardioid Condenser Microphone
This microphone does not come with a microphone cable.
If you need one, please select from the Microphone Accessories.
The Shure SM86 is a unidirectional (cardioid) condenser vocal microphone for professional use in live performance. An extremely rugged microphone, the SM86 withstands the rigors of touring while delivering a clear, studio-quality sound.
A cardioid pickup pattern isolates the main sound source while minimizing unwanted background noise. The built-in three-point shock mount minimizes handling noise, and a two-stage pop filter reduces wind and breath "pop" noise.
- Condenser cartridge for studio quality sound
- Tailored frequency response for a clear reproduction of vocals
- Rugged construction withstands the rigors of touring sound
- Cardioid polar pattern minimizes unwanted background noise
- Excellent choice for stage monitors and personal monitors
- Built-in three-point shock mount minimizes handling noise
- Two-stage "pop" filter reduces wind and breath noise
- Transducer Type
- Condenser (electret bias)
- Frequency Response
- 50 to 18,000 Hz
- Polar Pattern
- Output Impedance
- 150 Ohms at 1 kHz
- Recommended minimum load impedance: 600 Ohms
- Sensitivity (at 1,000 Hz)
- Open Circuit Voltage: -50 dBV/Pa (3.15 mV)
(1 Pa = 94 dB SPL)
- Output Clipping Level
- 1000 Ohm Load at 1,000 Hz: +3 dBV (1.41 V)
- Maximum SPL (at 1,000 Hz)
- 1000 ohm load (1% THD): 147 dB
- 23 dB typical, A-weighted
- Dynamic Range (1000 ohms)
- 124 dB (maximum SPL to A-weighted noise level
- Signal-to-Noise Ratio
- 71 dB at 94 dB SPL (IEC 651)*
- *S/N ratio is difference between 94 dB SPL and equivalent SPL of self-noise A-weighted.
- Positive pressure on diaphragm produces positive voltage on pin 2 relative to pin 3 of the output connector.
- Phantom Supply Requirement: 11 to 52 Vdc, positive at both pins 2 and 3
- Current Drain: 5.2 mA
- Three-pin (XLR) professional audio
- Dark gray enamel-painted steel with matte-finished silver colored steel grille
- Net Weight
- Net: 278 grams (9.8 oz)
- Environmental Conditions
- Operating: -18 degrees to 60 degrees C (0 degrees to 135 degrees F) (relative humidity >90%)
- Storage: -29 degrees to 74 degrees C (-20 degrees to 165 degrees F) (relative humidity >80%)
Place content here you want to share with your customers on every product in your store.